This article provides detailed steps on how to configure Firefox v52 or newer for use with the NetScaler Web Portal
NOTE: before following these instructions, make sure Firefox is up to date.
- Open Firefox
- Clear the address bar of any text
- In the address bar, type in https://mycloud.vcit.ca (for two-factor enabled users, please type in https://secure.vcit.ca instead. For MT Online users, type https://maintelligence.vcit.ca instead) and press ENTER
- In the center of the page, locate the login boxes and type in your VCIT user name and password
- By clicking on the "Log On" button, you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions
- You will now see a welcome screen, with a "Detect Receiver" button - click that button
- The following popup window will appear. Select "Citrix Receiver Launcher", then enable the "Remember my choice..." checkbox, then click on the "Open link" button
- If the login was successful, you should see the Citrix StoreFront site, showing a list of available Desktops and a banner at the top of the screen like this:
- To launch a Cloud Desktop or app, click ONCE on it's icon
- In the top right corner of Chrome, click on your name to reveal a menu
- From the menu that appears, select Log off
Firefox is now ready for use.
Whenever you wish to open your Cloud Desktop or Cloud Apps, simply visit the web portal, type in your credentials, then click on the icon of the application or desktop you wish to open.