The toolbar and menus at the top of the screen contain the commands you'll use to interact with your files and folders. The toolbar changes, depending on whether you've selected a file or a folder in the middle navigation pane.
Here are the toolbar options for files:
The commands are mostly self-explanatory, so we'll touch on only a few that need explanation:
- Send: sending, or uploading, takes a file or folder that's on your local storage and copies it to the current folder in CloudShare. Use this when you need to get documents on your local storage into CloudShare (Send -> From computer). Requires Java.
- Download: downloads a copy of the selected file to your local storage. Use this when you need to pull a document from CloudShare to your local device for offline use
- View/Edit: opens a document for viewing or editing (depends on the document type). For Office documents, this will open the document in the Zoho editor. For PDF documents, it will show a preview of the document. For image files, you can use the image editor or simply view the image.
- Share: creates a public share of a selected document, with several options that determine how long the share is active and whether or not it is password protected. See the "VCIT CloudShare - Sharing Documents" article for more details
In the top-right corner of the screen, you'll find two drop down menus - one for selecting the current Workspace and the other for personal options
Workspaces are storage repositories, or containers, which contain commonly used documents. Most users will have two workspaces - their personal Cloud Documents folder and their company's shared document folder. The Workspaces drop down menu allows you to switch between these two storage containers.
Personal Settings Menu
This menu provides access to your personal settings:
- My Account: allows you to change your full name, avatar (picture), and email address (used when sending share invites)
- WebDAV preferences: you'll likely never need to change these settings. However, if you wish to connect to CloudShare using a WebDAV client then please open a helpdesk ticket and we'll assist you to set that up properly
- Change password: please DO NOT change your password with this option. At present, it will not work and may cause problems
- Log out: securely logs you off of CloudShare. Use this when you are finished working with CloudShare