This article provides detailed steps on how to start a Zoho Assist remote session when asked to by a VCIT technician. Unless you have been instructed by a VCIT technician to follow these steps, please refrain from doing so.
Instructions for Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome on your local device, not from within your Cloud Desktop
- In the address bar at the top of the Chrome window, clear the box and then type in join.zoho.com
- Type in the meeting key provided to you by your VCIT technician and click "JOIN SESSION"
- When prompted "Download and Install Manually", click on the Download button
- You'll see "Join.exe" appear in the lower left corner of the Chrome window. Once it has finished downloading, click the button
- You may see a security popup, titled "Open File - Security Warning" in which case click Run
- Zoho Assist will now open
- When prompted "You are about to join a Remote Support session...", read the message, then click Continue
- The VCIT technician should confirm that he/she can now see your desktop