For recent versions of Firefox (v21 and newer), you need to make the following pop-up setting changes:
- Open Firefox
- Press the ALT key to reveal the menu, then click on Tools -> Options
- From the Options menu, select the Content tab and then click on the "Exceptions..." button for the pop-up blocker
- Fill in the "Address of website" box with appblast.vcit.ca and click Allow, then Close
- Click OK to close the Options window
For Firefox 30 or newer, the Citrix add-ons need to be set to "always active" in the add-ons settings:
- In the address bar at the top of the screen, type in about:addons
- From the "Add-ons Manager" window, locate any add-on entries that start with "Citrix". For each entry, change the value from "Ask to Activate" to "Always Activate"
After making the appropriate changes above, close Firefox. When you next visit the VCIT App Portal using Firefox, you should find that applications are launching as expected.
If not, sometimes it is necessary to take the following additional action:
- Open Firefox
- In the address bar at the top, type in about:config
- If warned "This might void your warranty!", click "I'll be careful, I promise!"
- In the search box, type in plugins.load_appdir_plugins
- Double-click the entry shown, which should toggle the "Value" field to true
- Open the Firefox Options window and select the Applications tab
- In the list of applications, look for content type "ICA file" and set the Action to "Use Citrix ICA Client". For some versions of the Citrix client, that value needs to be set to "Use Citrix Connection Manager" instead
- Close Firefox