In April of 2015, Google disabled all NPAPI (Netscape Plug-in API) plugins by default. This "disabled by default" approach first appeared with Chrome version 42. In September of 2015, Google plans to completely eliminate NPAPI support at which point no such plugins will work with Chrome.
The current version of Citrix Receiver uses an NPAPI browser plugin, so to get it to work with Chrome v42 and newer, a few tweaks are needed.
How To Enable NPAPI Plugins In Chrome v42 and Newer
- Open Chrome
- Clear the address bar of any text
- Open a new tab and then copy and paste the following text into the address bar of that tab:
- Switch to the new tab that you opened
- At the top of the screen, you should see an entry labeled: "Enable NPAPI Mac, Windows"
- Click on "Enable" just below that description
- Close all Chrome windows and tabs
- Reopen Chrome and visit the VCIT Cloud Apps portal
- Login as usual, then click on an App or Cloud Desktop icon
- If the app or Cloud Desktop does NOT launch, look in the top right corner of the Chrome window for this:
- Click on the red X
- Select "Always allow plugins..."
You should find that Citrix Receiver works again after enabling the Chrome NPAPI plugin support.