VCIT CloudShare allows you to easily collaborate with vendors, customers, and other business associates. One of the ways you can collaborate is by publicly sharing documents. Here's how...
- Logon to the CloudShare web portal
- Using the navigation panes, browse to the document that you wish to share
- Select the document you wish to share and then click on the Share button in the toolbar. Alternatively, you can right-click on the document and choose Share from the menu that pops up
The Share window has several options that require explanation:
- Expire after (days): this option allows you to automatically disable the share after x number of days. Just type in how many days the share should be active for
- Allowed Downloads: this option allows you to limit the number of times that the shared document can be downloaded. Once the limit is reached, the share is automatically disabled
- Optional password: this option allows you to password protect the share. For sensitive documents, it's a good idea to use this option
- Generate: you must click this button to create and activate the share.
Once you generate the share, you have the option to create email invitations by clicking on the "Invitations" button that appears after you've generated the share.
The Invitations window allows you to invite people to view your document by sending them a weblink to it.
From the Invitations window, fill in the To: box with the recipient's email address and you'll also have an opportunity to customize the message that the reader will see in the body of the email. Click on the green checkbox to send the invitation. NOTE: your email address is already automatically supplied, so there is no need to edit the "From:" box.
To stop sharing a document
Select the document in the navigation pane, click on the Share toolbar button, and click on the "Stop Sharing" button in the Share dialog box.