This article provides detailed steps on how to configure Google Chrome to use the full Citrix Receiver client, rather than the Lite client (HTML5). Under some circumstances, Chrome may revert to using the Lite client and this article will help you to switch to the full client experience.
NOTE: before following these instructions, make sure Google Chrome is up to date.
- Open Google Chrome
- Clear the address bar of any text
- In the address bar, type in https://mycloud.vcit.ca (for two-factor enabled users, please type in https://secure.vcit.ca instead. For MT Online users, type https://maintelligence.vcit.ca instead) and press ENTER
- In the center of the page, locate the login boxes and type in your VCIT user name and password
- By clicking on the "Log On" button, you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions
- Once logged in, look for your name in the top right corner of the portal and click there to reveal a menu
- From the menu, select "Change Citrix Receiver"
- You will now see a welcome screen, with a "Detect Receiver" button - click that button
- The following popup window may appear. Enable the "Remember my choice..." checkbox, then click on the "Open Citrix Receiver Launcher" button
- Wait 5 seconds, as the browser should automatically return to the Cloud Apps web portal. If not, enable the "I agree..." checkbox, then click on "Already installed"
You should now experience the full Citrix Receiver client, including full screen mode, the black connection bar at the top of your Cloud Desktop, and full support for printers.